Sunday, April 17, 2016

Quick Italian Salad


We love this "Italian" salad! It is absolutely on of our favorite meals and it is so easy to put together.
I feel like salads don't really need recipes, just a list of ingredients that you put together according to what you like the most and how many you are serving. So, here is what we throw into ours!

My addition that isn't exactly in the norm, is fried onion straws. In my house, we aren't a huge fan of raw onions. So, I replace what would normally be diced red onions, with the fried variety. I really like it because it adds a nice crunch to the salad and they are so yummy anyway! 

Quick Italian Salad

  • Italian Salad Mix, Romaine and Radicchio
  • Tomato, diced
  • Cucumber, diced
  • Kalamata  Olives, sliced
  • Delicatessen Style Peperoncini or Banana Peppers, diced
  • Crumbled Feta Cheese
  • Fried Onions Strings
  • Fat Free Italian Dressing
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
Mix it all together and eat up! I usually make garlic bread, with whatever bread we have lying around, to make this more of a meal. And, Jeremy loves having the bread for sure! I think it makes up for not having meat in the salad. If you want to add meat, we have done this with grilled chicken or even diced salami and pepperoni! 

No comments:

Post a Comment